Arjuna tree bark (Latin Name: Terminalia arjuna Wight &Arn.) is a cardioprotective botanical used as herbal (East Indian traditional medicine) since 2500 B.C. It has remarkable cardioprotective, heart muscle strengthening properties. Here are some health benefit to take a cup of Arjun Tea once or twice daily.
1.Arjun Tea is rich in saponnins, natural anti-oxidants (flavonoids) gallic acid, ellagic acid, oligomeric proanthocyanidins, phytosterols, and minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper.
2. Regular use of Arjun Tea improves the pumping activity of heart, which makes it very useful for heart weakness and congestive heart failure.
3. Arjun Tea improves cardiac muscle strength.
4. It decrease in LDL cholesterol levels. Arjun Tea has the ability to suppress the blood's absorption of lipids indicates that it has cholesterol-regulating properties. Its principle constituents are ?-sitosterol, ellagic acid and arjunic acid.
5. ArjunTea is rich in Co-enzyme Q-10 which prevents incident of heart attacks.
6. Arjun Tea also has a tonic and diuretic effects that benefit cirrhosis of the liver.
7. It induces a drug-dependent decrease in blood pressure and heart rate.
8. It is useful as an anti-ischemic and cardioprotective agent in hypertension and in ischemic heart disease, especially in disturbed cardiac rhythm, angina or myocardial infarction.
9. Arjun Tea helps maintain a healthy heart and reduces the effects of stress and nervousness.
10. Arjun Tea enhances prostaglandins and lowers risk of coronary heart trouble.
11. Arjun can relieve symptomatic complaints of essential hypertension such as giddiness, insomnia, lassitude, headache and the inability to concentrate.
12. In a study on the efficacy of the bark powder in treating congestive cardiac failure (CCF), over 40% of the cases showed marked improvement. CCF due to congenital anomaly of heart and valve disease was also brought under control. 4 out of 9 cases of CCF due to chronic bronchitis were also relieved by the treatment.